Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kaylee's Dance Recital




Kaylee and her dance class had their end-of-the-year recital this past Sunday afternoon. They did a tap dance to "I Wanna Walk Like You" from the Jungle Book. They also got to participate in the opening number to "Fabulous" from High School Musical. The kids got to walk across the stage and pose while some people acted like paparazzi and took their pictures. Kaylee was really excited about the whole thing. She loved getting her hair curled and getting to wear mommy's make-up. She also seems really comfortable on stage. I hope that continues because I have never been comfortable standing in front of an audience. Although, they did a good job considering that they're 4-6 year olds, it left me wondering if it was really worth all the money. It also made me realize that Kaylee will probably not be able to do dance for long because of the costumes and dances some of these girls do. There was one group that looked like they were wearing lingerie. Why does the focus have to be on jazz and interpretive dance? Why not focus on classical ballet? Just a few thoughts from the mind of Courtney.

Daphne graduated from kindergarten this morning. We got to watch her and her fellow kindergartners sing a few songs. Daphne has loved kindergarten and she is really looking forward to being in 1st grade next year. We found out last week that she got into the gifted and talented program for next year. This is a huge honor! She was the only kindergartner selected this year.

I mentioned in a previous post that we were going to Riverfest last weekend. We went on Friday which was a good idea because the crowd was smaller and the weather was perfect. While we were standing down by the river, Noah said, "There's the river. Where's the fest?" Micah and I thought that was hilarious!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning. Baby looks good. My blood pressure was a little high so I will go back in two weeks to get it checked again. They may become the norm until the end of this pregnancy. The doctor told me to sit or lay down as much as I possibly could so I'm trying. However, this can be difficult with three kids to take care of! I'm just trying to not get put on complete bedrest or get put in the hospital. My doctor said last time, "I don't want to have to put you in the hospital at 28-30 weeks." And all I could think was, "Well, I don't want you to have to do that either!" I don't know of anyone who would want that to happen!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Glad you are doing well. Have you heard we are moving to the area? Will be there for good this weekend.

Lindsey Eason said...

Hey Courtney! Kaylee's dance costume is adorable - they all look so spunky up on stage!! And the kids school sounds fabulous...they're learning german already?! That's awesome! We're currently researching private schools for NEXT year ('10-'11) and I tell ya' what...it isn't easy making that decision! Especially when you know you'll be putting 3 or more children through the program! :) Congratulations that you're having another girl - at least you know you've got lots of girlie things to pass down to her! Noah is going to be very comfortable with female attn - lol!

Britney said...

Hey! I heard tonight at VBS that you are on bed rest. Know i will be lifting you up. Hang in there. email me if you want to whine! Cause it will so not be whining! Love you...Britney bafinley@ualr.edu