Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ice, Ice Baby! No snow! No snow!

I sure hope that some of you who are reading this got some beautiful soft snow to play in this weekend because all we got was hard ice. The good news is that the schools were closed Friday and Micah got to come home from work early. Micah's mom said that they got over 4 inches of snow in Bradford. I sure wish I had taken the kids up there Thursday night so they could be playing in it right now. However, we still had a lot of fun playing outside. In fact, the kids are outside right now playing with Micah while Aubrey and I work on the blog that has been neglected.

Since we live in Arkansas, we do not have a nice sled because we very rarely ever need one. Therefore, we had to improvise redneck style. We tried the trashcan lid, some other storage lids and then finally found a big piece of cardboard that proved to work the best. Although our hill isn't very big and sled didn't work all that great, we still had a blast. It got even better when our neighbors brought over an old boogie board of theirs. It went a lot faster and a lot farther than the cardboard.


2 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

fun fun!! I'm all for some red neck sledding! :)

Unknown said...

I'm ready for Spring and Summer. How about you? I wanted to invite you to link up with Arkansas Bloggers...we are in our infancy with the web page beig designed. You can find out more about it on my blog...look for the link and the badge. Come join us.