Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day 2010

So, after Kaylee's dance recital on Saturday, my parents were going to watch the kids (including Aubrey) over night so Micah and I could go to Hot Springs for the Skillet concert and a night away. Well, plans change. Micah was working a big case and had to stay in the NLR area and ended up working most of the day Saturday and Sunday. Therefore, we celebrated Father's Day tonight. The kids wanted to cook him dinner so we did just that. They decided on a menu of chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes, and broccoli with cheese sauce. No, we did not have bread because I do not believe that there is a rule that says that you have to have bread with every meal. We also had strawberries and chocolate ice cream for dessert. The kids did as much as the could to help. I tried to keep my cool the best I could, too. The meal was delicious, but the best thing is that we have enough leftovers for a another meal!!!

The older three tenderizing the chicken

Aubrey waving. Her contribution was moral support.

Daphne peeling potatoes

Kaylee mashing the potatoes

Chicken Cordon Bleu - actually some of the leftovers

No comments: