Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Vacation

*********Warning!!Warning!!...Prepare to see a lot of pictures!***********

This past week we have been on vacation with my parents. We drove down to San Antonio and stayed there for a few days and then went to Galveston for two more days.

We were all packed into my parents' Expedition. It was a long drive, but we had a whole lot of fun!!

Kaylee and Me riding in the back


Noah being attacked by the map

Daphne playing her new DS (Kaylee and she bought it with their own money)


Aubrey cheesin' - She was a great traveler!

We had a great time and the weather was great, too. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...

Sea World



More Sea World


Our first attempt at spending the day on the beach didn't go so well. It was Thursday morning when part of the tropical depression was moving through.

Walking to the beach. I'm sure we looked pretty silly carrying our sand pails and towels.

You can see how windy it was. I cannot imaging what it would be like during a hurricane!


Aubrey was having fun until rain started pelting her in the face. I think she looks so pitiful.

Friday turned out to be a beautiful day so we spent most of it on the beach. The beaches on Galveston Island are certainly not as pristine as the ones in Florida, but the kids could have cared less. The were just excited to be on a beach and get to play in the ocean.



If you're still reading, this last slide show has pictures from downtown San Antonio and The Rain Forest Cafe in Galveston.




I thought that updating my blog was much more important (and more fun!) than doing all the laundry and unpacking. I'll get to it eventually (maybe).

P.S. - Aubrey got another tooth! She's also kinda slithering along the floor. It's certainly not crawling, but at least she's moving a little.

2 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

I love Noah's shirt which says "I still live with my parents"! That's hilarious! So glad you guys enjoyed your vacation - despite the tropical storm. The pic of Aubrey all wrapped up in her towel is sad...but in a funny kinda way. ;-) At least the sun came out before you left!!

Mom of these kids said...

The girls and I enjoyed looking at all the pictures. Looks like yall had a lot of fun! I like Noah's shirt too...that is so funny!