
Two Saturdays ago, on December 15, my three kids had the opportunity to be in the wedding of Janice Wilson and Greg Northen. It was quite an experience!
My girls, Daphne-5 and Kaylee-almost 4, were the flower girls. They have been looking forward to this for months. They got their hair curled and styled. (it took the girl 2 hours to curl Kaylee's hair!) They finally got to wear their special dresses and shoes that have been hanging in my closet for almost five months. Both of them did such a great job!
Noah, however, is another story. He had no clue what was going on. He wasn't too thrilled about his shirt being button so close to his neck or his bow tie that he kept pulling off and throwing. He also shredded his boutonniere. Then, when it was his turn to go down the aisle, he ran the whole way yelling "Momma!" (my mom had told him to go find me) He busted at the end of the aisle and dropped his pillow. After saying "Uh-oh" five or six times until he found his pillow, he then walked over to Micah and me. I guess Noah at least provided some comic relief!
I want to thank both Janice and Greg for asking my kids to be a part of their wedding. Although, Janice is five years younger than me, we grew up together and were always pretty close friends. Unfortunately, I did have some influence on her - I just hope it wasn't all bad. (her mom claims I taught her to say "shut up") I'm very proud of the person that Janice has grown to be and I wish both her and Greg a long and happy marriage!




No comments:
Post a Comment