Friday, August 14, 2009

Aubrey Ann Sexson




For those of you who haven't already heard, the newest edition to our family came a little bit earlier than expected. Aubrey Ann Sexson was born on Friday, August 7 at 11:54 p.m. She weighed in at a whopping 3 lbs. 10 oz. and was 17 1/2 inches long.

As I had mentioned in my previous post, my blood pressure had been creeping up but not too high. Well, two weekends ago it started getting really high so I put myself on complete bedrest at home and said that I was going to call the doctor on Monday. Monday comes and I call and then of course it goes down. But by Tuesday night, it had gone back up and I was feeling terrible so Micah drove me to the hospial just a little before midnight. When the nurse at the hospital checked it, it was 222 over 114. She said that earned me a stay in the hospital. I was hoping to just continue to be on bedrest in the hospital, but they could not get my blood pressure to stay down so they decided Friday to induce me. I was magnesium, some other blood pressure iv, and something to kinda sedate me because they were afraid that labor would make it go even higher. Needless to say, it was a rough few days.

However, it was all worth it because now we have a healthy baby girl. A tiny baby girl, but a healthy one. Aubrey is in the NICU but she is doing really well. She hasn't had to be on oxygen at all. She does have a feeding tube, but I'm also getting to try to nurse her at times. She just has to put weight before being sent home.

All of the kids are excited about the baby sister. They have asked tons of questions ranging from "How are babies born?" to "Is that Sprite in your iv?" and of course, "What's that bag hanging from your bed with yellow stuff in it?" Although we've gotten to hold Aubrey, I haven't trusted the kids to yet. Not with how small she is and all of the wires that are hooked up to her. They do get to stick their hands in her bed and "pet" her with two fingers just like they got to pet the lizard at the library.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for us. I know that there are a lot of you out there. Please continue to keep Aubrey in your prayers. The next few months may be long ones.

6 comments:

Christie said...

I am happy to hear that she is doing well and I hope she grows quickly so she can go home! I hope that you are feeling well too. We've been thinking about you guys and my mom has been keeping me updated. We'll keep praying for you all!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your sweet new addition. We will be praying for all of you and her continual healthy growth.

Lindsey Eason said...

What a blessing that she's doing good - I can only imagine how scary that must've been! She's BEAUTIFUL and looks healthy for being only 3 pounds!!! Looking forward to hearing that she's getting nice and fat (haha!) and that she gets to go home soon!

Angela said...

I hadn't heard! Congratulations- I am so glad that everyone is doing well. She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for baby and mommy! Lindsey and I were just talking about you this weekend! I am so glad everything is ok and little girl is doing good.

Amy said...

Congrats! Can't wait to meet her!