Saturday, January 12, 2008

Snorkeling

The best part of our whole trip was snorkeling at Cozumel. Micah and I had so much fun! Our tour guide was hilarious. After we got all of our equipment, we had to cross the street to get to the ocean. In Mexico, you could compare this to bungy jumping. It can be very dangerous! Our guide went into the street to stop the cars (one of them bumped him) and then yelled, "Run for your lives! Mexican drivers! Run!" At least we didn't have to cross the street in our fliippers. That would have been a sight!



Micah and I were both a little worried that the water was going to be freezing because it was a really mild day, especially for Cozumel. But it was actually fairly warm. We saw a lot of the same fish. I think that we kept seeing the same fish over and over again. You could tell that they were use to people being around them. We also saw a sting ray, but we had already used all of the film so we were'nt able to get a picture. I should have had more under water pictures to show, but the camara man (me) was terrible! Half of the pictures had a thumb in them!



Next time we snorkel, we're going to try to go out on a boat because some one told us that we would see a lot more ocean life that way.

No comments: