Today was a very traumatic day for Kaylee.
It actually started off really well. Micah's parents took just Kaylee out to eat at McDonald's for lunch for her birthday. But, shortly after that, she had to go to the doctor for her 4 year old well child check-up. That's when things started going downhill.
Everything went well at first. She's healthy, in the 50th percentile for height and weight, and is doing everything a normal 4 year old should be doing. The doctor said that they were going to run some blood tests just to check things out. That is when the trauma begin. The nurse had to prick Kaylee's finger to collect blood. I realize that this does hurt, but Kaylee, as a have mentioned before, can be very dramatic. She screamed and kicked and put up the best fight she could. I had to hold her down which upset Daphne and made her cry which upset Noah and made him cry. The nurses found the whole espisode quite amusing. But the fun didn't end there! We then had to go back to our room and wait for the nurse to give Kaylee her shots. This is probably the first time that Kaylee has known what to expect and has anticipated the shot hurting. She remembered Daphne and Noah getting their shots this past summer. Kaylee kept asking me if it was going to hurt. I felt like I could not lie to her so I kept answering her, "Yes, it will hurt a little, but we all have to get shots to keep us healthy." But, of course, my logical reasoning didn't help. So, once again, I had to lay on her while the nurse gave the shots that made Kaylee cry that upset Daphne and made her cry which upset Noah and made him cry.
I was so relieved when we finally walked out of the doctors' office. We celebrated everyone's survival, especially Kaylee's, by getting ice cream at Sonic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I feel for your situation! Glad you, and she made it through...
Oh my goodness, I feel like I was there! :) Bless her heart... I want to kick somebody when they prick my finger too. :) Good move with the icecream.
Post a Comment