We really haven't been up to much this past week. Just the usually stuff. Micah has started a new shift where he works 8pm to 6am. That's ten hours, but the good news is that he'll have three days off! Now that's if he doesn't have court that day, or a class to go to, or an off-duty job to work. But I'm still really excited at the idea of him possibly having all three days off! I'm hoping that we'll be able to use those days to spend more time at my parents' lake house this summer.
On a sad note, Daphne's fish Petey died yesterday morning. We had only had him for about 2 week. I had explained to both her and Kaylee that fish just don't live long even if you take really good care of them. Daphne took it pretty hard, but mainly just because she's afraid that Kaylee's fish, Hannah Montana the Superstar, will be lonely in the tank by herself. I told Daphne that we'd get a new one next time we go to Walmart.
We had promotions at church this morning. Kaylee was so excited to get to go to the 4 year old class, but Noah was not as happy to go to the 2 year old class. Luckily, I was going to stay in there anyways to help train a new teacher so at least that was a temporary fix. We'll see how he does in a few weeks when mommy just drops him off and goes to her own class!
Daphne started soccer again this past Saturday. Her team is the Rockets and THEY ROCK! I have been really pleased with soccer. It was a sport that wasn't very popular where I grew up, but I'm really glad that we're getting our kids involved with it. The schedule has been great. We played six weeks in the fall, got a break for the holidays, and we'll play about six weeks in the spring. It's so much fun to watch the kids run up and down the field all going after the ball while all the parents are yelling,"Kick it! Kick it hard!" We have an awesome coach that knows that the kids just want to have fun right now. He doesn't push them to hard. Before I signed Daphne up to play, I was a little leary because everything seems to be so competitive now, even at 4 years old. Which, those who know me well, know that I'm a very, very competitive person, but I don't think kids should be until they're at least a little bit older. Anyways, here are some pictures of Daphne playing soccer. I hope all of you have a wonderful week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment