This past weekend my mom and me and the kids took a trip to Memphis to visit my Aunt Marcy who lives in Germantown. It was really nice to be able to spend some time with my aunt. We try to take turns visiting each other. One reason for our trip was my aunt's birthday. After church Sunday, we took her out to eat at Cozymel's. I love any kind of Mexican food, but Cozymel's always seems to have some different choices than your everyday tacos and burritos. I had their blue crab enchildas with corn and relish. Some of you may think that sounds gross, but they were delicious!
Another reason my mom and I go to Memphis is to shop. We like to go to Wolfchase Mall, especially the Disney Store, and to The Children's Place. But the best place to shop for children's clothes in Memphis is Chocolate Soup. There are very few products/companies that I personally endorse, but Chocolate Soup is definitely at the top. It's a fairly small store located on Poplar next to Pier 1. If you're ever in Memphis, you should try to go there. They have really cute clothes for girls and boys and their prices are excellent! They always have a sale going on. Right now, the fall/winter items are an extra 66% off already reduced prices and the spring/summer stuff is an extra 40% already reduced prices. We always load up on clothes for the upcoming season. They have a wide variety of clothing and we always manage to find things that are a little different. They also have a lot of 2 or 3 piece outfits that are usually around 10-12 dollars. Daphne and Kaylee really like going and picking out stuff to try on. There's also a play area for kids who get tired of all the shopping. Right now, that's Noah's favorite place to hang out in the store. If you do get a chance to go, allow yourself some time because the store is packed with clothes and it can take a while to look through everything.
I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures from this weekend. I'm really bad about taking my camera with me. I'll try to get the kids to model some of the things we bought and post them. I hope everyone has a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Believe it or not, I used to wear Chocolate Soup stuff when I was a little girl. I have been there for Braden, but it seems to be harder to find boys stuff- so much cute girls stuff though and I will get to buy some now! Glad you had fun in Memphis- I am taking Braden on a roadtrip there next week!
I wish they had more stores like that in Orange Park! There are SO many franchises here and it's nearly impossible to find sweet little children's boutiques (at least not with affordable pricing!). Next time I drive through Memphis on my way to LR I'll have to try and find that place!
so my mom called today from none other that Chocolate Soup! She got some pretty good buys I think- she is really starting to think pink!
Hi!! I got your blog address from your mom today at church while we were in Benton visiting my family. Good to see what you are up too!! Check out my blog sometime: christieleejohnson.blogspot.com
About the post, we love Chocolate Soup too! I don't go there very often, but I like it, and you'd think I'd go there more often since I live here! Hope you all are doing great!
Christie
Post a Comment