Monday, July 28, 2008

Hot Springs

We got to spend the past weekend in Hot Springs. We have really needed to get away for a long time now. We haven't gone anywhere on vacation this summer because we're going to Disney World in December and we're trying to save any extra money for that.

On Friday, we went to Magic Springs/Crystal Falls. We spent all day there. The kids had so much fun! The water park is really good. It has two kiddie areas with slides. I wanted to get pictures of the kids going down the slides, but I had left my camera in the locker. It also has a small wave pool that was Noah's favorite thing to do. The girls are starting to be really good swimmers. They can both swim under water for a little ways. After we swam for about 5 hours, we changed clothes, got something to eat, and went to the theme park side. We stayed there until closing time. The kids were worn out by the time we got back to the lakehouse. We all slept good that night!

On Saturday, we spent part of the day on the lake and the rest of the day just laying around the house. It was really, really hot so we didn't stay on the lake too long. We just drove around for a while, ate a picnic lunch, fished for a while, and then went back to the lakehouse.

I just want to say again how thankful I am for my parents' lakehouse. It's nice to be able to take mini vacations and not have to pay for a hotel room.

I hope everyone has a great week!


1 comment:

The Lanes said...

Emma was looking at the pictures and said "what her name?" I told her it was Kaylee and she said "Kaylee, NJ friend, I Love Daphne" She can be so sweet sometimes.