Monday, August 11, 2008

Prayers for me and my family

I was hoping to make an exciting announcement today, but instead I'm asking for everyone's prayers. For those of you that didn't already know, I am pregnant. This was a huge, huge, HUGE surprise!! To add to the irony, Micah had already made and appointment to get "fixed" because we've been saying that we were finished ever since Noah was born. I'm about 10 weeks along. However,for the past six weeks, I have been in denial and although I've been having all of my regular pregnancy symptoms(extreme fatique, queasiness, aches, etc.), I have just felt like this pregnancy wasn't right. I have prayed continually that God would take control and whatever the outcome, a fourth child or not, I would be happy about.

I had my first doctor's appointment today. I should be 10 weeks along, but the ultrasound was only reading 6. They were also unable to find a heartbeat. My doctor, which I absolutely adore, tried to stay positive and say that maybe I just wasn't as far along as I had thought. However, I feel that I have lost the baby, but not gone through the miscarriage part, yet. They drew blood today to check all of my levels and I should hear something tomorrow. The bottom line is that we wait and see.

The only things that we had said to the kids were things like, "Would you like to have another baby?" and "You know that it's up to God if he wants us to have another baby." We told them that we were going to the doctor today to find out if we were having another baby. After the ultrasound, we decided to go ahead and prepare them and told them that there was no baby in mommy's belly. Both of the girls immediately started crying which of course broke my heart.

I just want to ask for everyone's prayers and to let everyone know that whatever the outcome is, that I'm okay with it. I have given everything to God and feel that we have already been richy blessed with three kids.

Thank you ahead of time!! I will try to keep everyone updated as to what is going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I have just gotten on here to check your blog. Courtney, I am so sorry. I know you have heard it all but I am praying for the best outcome and peace of mind. I love ya.