Daphne took this lovely picture of me with her camera!
I have a confession. There are times, my family and others might say many times, when I don't always think things through like I should. Well, ones of these times occurred yesterday afternoon.
I was trying to fix the heater/vent in the kids' bathroom when a big chuck of the popcorn ceiling came down. Now, I must mention Micah's suggestion because looking back on it, this might have been a better idea. He suggested that we just get some white paint and paint over that spot. My thinking was that we would never find the exact same color of white paint and it would never look right. Plus, since that piece fell off so easily, it wouldn't be that hard to do the whole ceiling. And that leads us to the plea of insanity...
Yes, part of the ceiling came down easily, but the rest of it took forever! I have worked on it for about 5 hours total now and as you can see, it's a long way from being finished. The good news is that it is a really small bathroom. I really enjoy doing things like this, but having 3 kids and a husband to take care of makes it really hard to do these home improvement projects. I have to finish this tonight (I won't get it painted) because we just re-caulked our other bathroom and it has to dry for 48 hours. So, if Micah and I want to take showers in the morning, I had better keep working on it. Wish me luck!




1 comment:
Oh wow - hope you were able to get some sleep last night! You certainely had your work cut out for you! Make sure you show pics of the finished product....
Post a Comment