Well, it's been a while since I posted so I thought that I would catch everyone up. First of all, I just want to say that Arkansas has some of the craziest weather. Last week we had a very windy day with gust close to 70 mph, then we had some sleet and snow mix on Thursday and Friday. Then on Saturday, it was sunny and in the 50's so Micah, me, the kids, and our dogs to a long walk through our neighborhood and then stopped by McDonald's on the way home. We had a lot of fun and Daphne rode her bike the whole way! She loves to ride and she's getting to where she can do it with very little help from us. Then yesterday (Monday) our high was 78! It was perfect park weather! And finally for today, we have had tornadoes and bad storms all over the state and the temperature has dropped back into the 40's. I have lived in Arkansas my whole life, but I still say all the time that I can't believe how much the weather can change from day to day.
Now to more interesting things... Last Thursday a group of girls from church had a girls' night out. We went to eat at TGI Fridays and then watched 27 Dresses. We all had so much fun! All of us are mothers and we really needed the night off without kids! The group that went is from our Bible class that we've been having Wednesday nights. For right now, it is just for mother's of young children and we are reading the book "Chasing God and the Children, Too". It is a really good book and very easy to read. The chapters are a little long so sometimes we have to break them down into two classtimes. If any of you are looking for a good book to read, I recommend this one. The author speaks frankly and gives some really good advice about getting your house into order, finding personal time to relax, etc. This class has been a great learning experience because all of the moms talk openly about their lives and what works best for them. It has also been a really good opportunity to get to know each other better.
On Sunday night, that same group threw a baby shower for our friends Sean and Tressa Ashberry. And yes, I know that it was the Super Bowl, but that was the only time that was available. And it worked out well because I got home in time to see the last 8 minuntes and watch the Giants win! Sean is our church's Involvement Minister and he is also attending preaching school at Harding. He does a great job balancing the two and we are very lucky to have him. He is very sincere and is doing great things for the Church. Sean and Tressa have a 14 month old named Jackson. They are expecting a baby girl in March, but they won't tell the name. The whole theme of the shower was brown, pink, and green polk-a-dots. We used brown tablecloths and taped polk-a-dots all over it. The cake was cream with the bottom layer having stripes and the top layer decorated with more polk-a-dots. On the wall behind Sean and Tressa, we hung a "clothesline" and hung onesies, bibs, socks, bows, shoes, dresses, etc. from it. My friend Angela had painted all of the clothespin a solid color with polk-a-dots. She is very creative and artistic. She comes up really cute ideas and I usually say, "Sounds great! When will you have it ready?" I'm hoping to post some pictures from the shower in the next few days.
And then tonight, my parents and all of us went out to eat at Olive Garden. It was to celebrate mine, my dad's, and Micah's birthdays. As always, the food was delicious. And, as always, I ate more than I should have!
That's about all that happened this week. If I don't post again before next week, please keep Kaylee in your prayers. I take her back to the doctor on Monday so that they can draw blood for a fasting test. Some numbers from her last test came back high. I'm not really sure which ones. I'm hoping to find out more on Monday. The good news is that Daphne will be in school and Micah can watch Noah, so I'll be able to focus just on Kaylee. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow - I've missed a lot of posts! First of all - your Kaylee stories regarding the shots were very sad and humorous! I was the EXACT same way when I was little and can totally relate to her fears - luckily she will most likely outgrow it as I did! :) Noah's shoes are definitely super-cool and yippee for a girls night out!! I can't wait to see 27 Dresses!!
Post a Comment