Yes, it's true. Micah and I decided that we needed some time apart, so we thought it was best to go opposite directions and each take our own little vacation.
Okay, so we did each go on a separate trip, but I hope that none of you believed it was because we needed time apart! I didn't post anything about this earlier because I didn't want everyone out there in BloggerLand to know that there wouldn't be anyone at our house for a few days. You never know who's reading this.
I'll start with Micah's trip first. This year and last year, Micah has gone on a 10 day mission trip to Burnt Corn, Arizona and Tuba City, New Mexico. He went with a work group from our church. They go to an Indian reservation and do whatever needs to be done to help out the church there. They have built buildings for the people there to worship in. They've replaced roofs, poured cement, painted rooms, etc. The work is hard and they do it from sunrise to sunset. But, after they've worked for a few days, they get to visit the Grand Canyon on the way home. I'm glad that Micah has found something in the church that he is passionate about. He's already talking about going back next year.
While Micah was gone, me, the girls, and my Aunt Marcy took our own little vacation. Noah got to stay at his Granddad and Grammy's house (Micah's parents). That meant that we were able to have Girl Time. First, me, Daphne, and Kaylee drove to Memphis to my aunt's house. Then on Friday morning we all headed to Pickwick State Park. It is about an hour and a half to two hours east of Memphis. We had a lot of fun. This is a place that I definitely recommend to others. It is a great place for families as well as just for couples. We stayed at the lodge. Our room was on the bottom floor and faced the lake. We could easily go out our back door and go to the lake, outdoor swimming pool (there's also an indoor one), to the playground, and just walk along the sidewalk. We all had a blast! The weather was perfect. The rain held off until late Saturday when we were already in bed. The girls got to swim a few times and fish. They both caught 2 fish so of course they were excited. It was so nice to get away and relax for a while. I want to thank my Aunt Marcy for taking us and she's talking about making this an annual trip. We can't wait to go again next year!
On our way back to Memphis we stopped at Shiloh which is where an important battle occurred during the Civil War. We watched a movie about it and got to walk around a little. The actual battle site is huge and it was really cool outside so we decided we've have to come back another time.
Well, I think that catches everyone up on what's been happening the past few weeks. I hope that everyone has a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment