Monday, May 5, 2008

What's Been Goin' On...

This is just a quick update to let all of my loyal readers know what's been going on this past week. Micah and I both started playing softball again so we were at the ballpark 3 nights last week and it'll probably be like that every week for the next two months.

On Thursday, our Mother's Day Out classes went to the Little Rock Zoo. We had a lot of fun! Luckily, all of our mothers went, too so that made it a lot easier on us teachers.

Daphne got a new fish today. She named it Ariel although it's a male beta. I couldn't convince her that it was a boy. Her argument is that it's a girl because it's red and purple. Some things just aren't worth the effort to argue.

I had my ten year high school reunion this past Saturday. I'll hopefully have some pictures from it within the next few days. We had a picnic at the Tyndall park Saturday morning for families and then we had an adults only get together at Cafe 42 at the Clinton Presidential Library Saturday night. We had a fairly good turn out. I'd say about 150 former students showed up. And that was out of about 325? that graduated I was amazed at how many people looked exactly the same. They might have lost some hair or went up or down in weight, but they were still the exact same. And, unfortunately, most of them acted the exact same. It was really weird to see everyone drinking, and I do mean everyone (except me, or course). People that never touched a beer in high school and said they never would were walking around all night with a drink in their hand. I thought that was kinda pathetic. Also, quite a few people smoked who didn't smoke in high school. That was pretty sad, too. It was nice getting to see a lot of my old friends, but I'm also okay with not seeing most of my graduating class until our 20th reunion. Sorry for the negativity, but that's truly the way I feel.




Well, I think that's about all that has happened. Please keep my dad, Grisham Phillips, in your prayers. He's scheduled for knee surgery on Wednesday. I tried to talk him into getting a brain replacement at the same time, but he keeps putting it off.

I hope that everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Hey Courtney, I didn't realize you went to the Benton schools - I thought you were from Memphis for some reason! I'll be praying for your dad - let us know how his surgery goes!

Anonymous said...

I bet it was interesting with that many. With only 15 to begin with, most of us still see each other. Hope your dad's surgery goes well. Hurry and post some pics from the reunion. A few from high school would be interesting too...:)

Liz Harrell said...

Ick. I havent decided if I'm going to my 10th. Seems depressing to me.

I'll say a prayer for your dad. Hug Marshall for me!