Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Update

My doctor called earlier this morning and told me that my HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin, or hCG, is a hormone produced in the body during pregnancy) levels are 96,000. I'm still not exactly sure what all of that means, but she said that they were way too high. I think that since my ultrasound was measuring 6 weeks, then my levels should be 1,080 - 56,500 so then mine are almost doubled. This explains why I've been feeling so bad like constantly being hot and at times, not being able to pull myself off the couch. It also means that something is wrong with the pregnancy. My doctor said that we should just wait and let nature take its course and if nothing happens in two weeks, then I should come back in to see them.

I want to assure everybody that no matter what the outcome is, I'm okay with it. I have been praying that this be a healthy baby so in my opinion, this is God's ways of saying that it wasn't healthy and that's why it stopped growing.

The hardest part of all of this right now is the waiting. Waiting to see what my body will do and if it doesn't cooperate, then what the next step will be.

We've got a lot going on the next few weeks with the girls starting school, Daphne starting soccer, Kaylee starting dance, and then me and Noah starting Mother's Day Out. Needless to say, I'm going to be a little stressed. My keep me and my family in your prayers. Thank you!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Praying for you

Christie said...

I will certainly be praying for you and your family. Keep us updated! -Christie

Tiffany said...

Courtney,
I will definitely be in prayer for you!

Liz Harrell said...

Hey Courtney. You're all in my prayers... please let me know if you need anything.
Love,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh Courtney, we'll definitely be praying for you and the family. If there is anything at all I can do, please let me know.
-Kristen Heldenbrand

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Well, I popped over here to leave a comment so you can show Liz that you DO get a lot of comments...then I read this post.....I'm so sorry....I'll pray all goes smoothly for you and your family. You have a super blog....I'll be back!!