Well, we finally celebrated Noah's 2nd birthday! With the wedding, Easter, and spring break, we've had to keep postponing his party.
On Saturday night, we got together with some of the family at Burns Park. We played for a while on the rocket slide and then we walked across the street to Funland. Funland is this old amusement park that is kinda cheesy, but kinda cool at the same time. All of the kids had a blast on the rides. Noah rode on every ride he could and at the end of each one he'd say, "Again. I wanna ride again." I rode on the train and the Scrambler, but Micah had to go with the kids on the Tilt-A-Whirl. I just don't have the stomach for those like I used to.
After riding rides, we went to a pavillion to eat hot dogs and do the pinata. That was the toughest pinata I've ever seen. We finally had to lay it on the ground and let the kids beat it to death. We had planned on opening presents and eating cake at the park, but it was getting dark and very cold so we loaded up and headed back to our house to finish the party.
Here are a few random facts about Noah: Noah talks very well for his age. Many times he'll speak in almost a full sentence. His language ability amazes me daily; Noah loves to play with my hair, but if I'm not nearby he'll settle for someone else's hair (like Kaylee or Daphne's) or just play with his own. He usually does this when he's tired; Noah has been in a big boy bed for at least four months and hasn't fallen out once!; He is definitley a boy, although he claims he's a girl. It's my fault though because I always say, "Come on girls. Let's go." although I'm talking to all the kids; Noah loves to play ball. He likes to play with cars, trains, trucks, etc. He turns random objects into guns although he's never had a toy gun. He's my only child that could jump and come of the ground at this age. He loves to climb. Noah would almost be fearless except for garbage trucks and other big trucks that make a lot of noise. He likes to look at them as they come down our road, but once they get to our house, he runs to me crying. Noah is also very loving. He'll say "I want to hold you" to me when he wants to be picked up. He has also done things like held the door for me, wiped away my tears, and many other things that have made my heart melt. We're so blessed to have Noah. Our family would not be complete without him.
Happy Birthday Noah!
P.S. - I don't know if any of you heard about the tornadoes that came through our area last Thursday night. One hit fairly close to us, but luckily our neighborhood was spared. One also hit in Benton where my parents live, but they're also okay.






2 comments:
What a cute blue face! I am so glad that you had good weather for his party.
I can't beleive you put your family on that death train!!
OK, I showed my love!!!
Tagged!!!
Post a Comment